Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another Garrett Memory...

I woke up this morning remembering how Garrett would get up.

He wasn't big on sleep. He was usually the last one asleep and the first one awake. Many times we would tuck the boys into bed and 20 or 30 minutes later we would catch a glimpse of blonde hair and beady eyes peeking around a corner. We usually had to tuck him in bed 4 or 5 times every night.

In the morning he was easy to wake up (on the mornings that I got up first). I would go into his room and sit carefully on his bed and his eyes would pop open and he would jump out of bed like he was waiting for me and just pretending to sleep.

On the other hand he did like to take naps as long as he had a sippy cup. I remember him being really little-2 or 3- and asking for milk (signing it of course) and his blanket. I told him if he wanted milk in a sippy cup he needed to go take a nap. I gave him the milk and he picked up his blanket and went to his room and took a nap!

One vivid memory for me (this is what woke me up this morning) was Garrett getting up before anyone in the house. He was often awake at 5:30 or earlier. He would come into my room and stand at the edge of my bed (We have a really tall bed. He was eye level with me when I was lying down.)and stare at me. Often I would open my eyes to find us nose-to-nose and it scared me to death! If I didn't open my eyes with him just looking at me he would whisper "mom, mom" in a very soft voice. It would always startle me. He would do it sometimes if he woke up in the middle of the night. Rarely would he cry from his bed, he would come quietly into my room and whisper "mom, mom" and really get my heart thumping.

I sure miss that!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

That post made me laugh! What a kid. Glad the envelope didn't fly off your door - I worried about that.

Michelle said...

Teac did that to me the other day and I think I scared him back poor kid... he started crying. I had to call him back and tell him it was ok. Such considerate little guys.