Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tonight we went for a walk. It's a good Sunday activity that gets us out of the house along with our crazy dog and lets us all burn a little energy. We walked to the school (a couple of blocks away) then let the kids and the dogs run. We met up with a lot of friends and it was a lot of fun.

As it was getting dark, I called to Dallin and Adam and said it was time to head home. Then I started looking for Garrett. It was such a weird feeling. I was rounding up the kids and one was missing so I was scanning the playground before I remembered. Every once in a while getting a reality check is a little abrupt.

After we got home and were eating dinner, Dallin was talking about how much he misses Garrett. I'm glad he talks about Garrett often. Tonight he said he thinks we need to have a Garrett party. He suggests that on May 1st we have a party and invite our friends to play and remember Garrett.

It's a sweet idea. Dallin is a really thoughtful kid. I'm not sure I can do it, we'll see.

2 comments:

Bergeson Family said...

My heart aches for you!!

Kaisa said...

I miss Garrett,too! He was such a cute boy!
Kaisa