Sunday, October 5, 2008

Treasures
Just the other day I was looking through some pictures trying to organize and I found these. I hadn't seen them before. I think someone sent them to me right after Garrett died and I put them in a file and haven't looked at them since.

First they brought a little tear to my eye. Now a smile. He is such a special guy.


I'm not sure who took the picture, but it was taken at a splash park not far from our home. I'm sure we were there with a ton of friends. He was always up for going to the splash park to cool off and be with friends. (On a side note, notice the dent in his chest-it's one of the fun things he got from his dad.)

What a silly face, and an even sillier haircut. I'm not sure why he always had a haircut like this. We tried cutting it differently one summer and it just didn't look right. Of course this doesn't look too great either...poor kid. He inherited my hair, very fine and straight.

Haircut is better in this picture. It's grown out a little I am guessing. This is at my Aunt Ellen's house during a Jones party. Mostly we ate chocolate (notice the evidence) and looked at photo albums.

Garrett had such a sweet tooth! He was always up for treats.

He loved getting tossed around!

He and his cousin Kylan were super good buddies!

He was such a great brother. He LOVED to be near, pick up, hug and generally maul Maura. I remember one day having him call me into the family room after I had put her on the floor to entertain herself for a while. "Come and see" he yelled. I came and saw him jumping back and forth over her laughing and having a great time.

I think that's what I remember the most, him laughing and smiling and always having such a great time. He had such a cheerful disposition and was happy. If he was ever sad it was short lived. I want to be like Garrett.

Thanks, whoever sent these pictures to me. They were great treasures to find today.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm glad you found these pictures, too! I've been thinking of Garrett a lot lately and am so happy to see these and remember the happy silly guy!
Les.