Monday, May 12, 2008

Family trip

Sunday afternoon we began our family trip. Some would think it was strange to have Garrett riding with us, to me it was more comforting than strange.



It's a long drive to Star Valley Wyoming-about 14 hours. We made it an even longer trip stopping often and even staying a night in Panguich, a small town in southern Utah.

We stopped at places we've always wanted to stop and climbed rocks, looked at the scenery and talked a lot. I don't think we even turned on the radio or listened to a CD. It was a hard trip going up, coming home was even harder.



The grave-side services in Wyoming were very nice-so many people came to show their love and concern for us. We are so blessed. (I haven't found a picture of it yet, but I will)

A couple of days later we went and got a shepherd's hook and a wind sock to put at the grave-site. We also put a small granite slab for now that has the words "Families are Forever" engraved on it. Hopefully the monument will be set before we go up this summer.



Garrett is buried next to my mom-you can see her headstone not far away.


It's hard to be home without him.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. It will be so good to go visit this summer. I'm glad we get to come too.
Love you,
Leslie

BeeP said...

I have a ton of pictures of the burial site. I will send them your way ASAP. I love the wind sock and everything you put there.

delilas said...

Bekki,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers, especially this past weekend, knowing you were heading home to start the healing process. I'm so grateful you can share some sweet pictures and thoughts about your family. I love you! Heidi was so happy to see you guys and hold Maura. {hugs}!! :D