Saturday, May 17, 2008

He LOVED water!

We live in Arizona, so it's no surprise that we visit water parks whenever we can. Garrett was crazy about water whether it was at a splash park, a pool, or just playing in the sprinklers at home.

Cousins at the Tempe town lake splash park-summer 2007



The tub was as good of a place as any to play in the water.


Swimming lessons were one of his favorite things. After the first lesson it became apparent that Garrett was the "bad kid" in class. He was more interested in going under, blowing bubbles, and trying to swim than he was listening to the teacher. But, I think he was still well liked because at the end of each lesson he would wave to his teacher or hug her and say "Bye teacher, I love you!"


Such fun memories...thanks for the pictures Gina!

2 comments:

laurie said...

You don't know me,I'm a friend of Leslie's. My heart has just been broken over all you have been through. I can't even imagine. Thanks for sharing the details. My prayers are still with you and your family. This is such a small thing but maybe it will just give a ray of sunshine. The morning of the day Garrett passed, while at Costco, we made a donation to the PCH in Garrett's name. It's not much, but somewhere in Costco is a balloon with Garrett's name on it. Your faith and strength amaze me.

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

This is for you Becky,

An excerpt of President Thomas S. Monson's talk given at Women's Conference and thought I would share parts of it that impressed me. His talk was titled "Enjoy the Journey"

"Send that note to the friend you've been neglecting; give your child a compliment and a hug; say 'I love you' more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It's so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they're gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of 'what if' and 'if only'...Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is most important."

"Our mortal life was never meant to be easy or consistently pleasant. Our Heavenly Father, who gives us so much to delight in, also knows that we learn and grow and become refined through hard challenges, heartbreaking sorrows, and difficult choices. Each one of us experiences dark days when our loved ones pass away, painful times when our health is lost, feelings of being forsaken when those we love seem to have abandoned us. These and other trials present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each who runs the race of life: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? To finish life's race involves enduring through challenges and trials to the very end of life itself."

I hope this helps a bit. I took it from a blog I read of a family with a newborn with a heart defect. Gracie is still around at 8 weeks old. Her mom posted this. I hope it's ok that I shared it with you.