Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monument

I struggle with what to call this...headstone? Grave marker? Monument? They all sound really weird to me, so if you have a good name for it PLEASE pass it on!

We have a rough draft from the company that makes the ________. I like it. Adam even drew the cute little ILY hand. He worked extra hard to make it look like a child's hand and not an adult hand. He did a great job!


Inside the rectangles and the circle will be a lighter unpolished granite whereas the area on the outside will be a darker, polished granite.

The saying at the bottom has special meaning for our family. Whenever anyone left or as we were tucking the boys into bed this is the conversation we had:

"Bye, I love you!"
"I love you more!"
"No, I love you more!"
"I love you more than the world!"
"I love you more than all the trees!"
"I love you more than...etc" We really got creative.

Lastly we would say: "I love you more than space!" (To which Dallin would add "I love you more than a thousand spaces!" and on and on and on.)

It sometimes got out of hand, but looking back I'm so glad we say "I love you" so often!

5 comments:

BeeP said...

I love it. It is perfect for Medium G.

Gina said...

awesome B! It looks great. I really love it - it is perfect.

Melissa J. said...

That looks really nice and it fits perfectly.

Unknown said...

I love it! Adam did a great job on the hand!
I think headstone sounds good??

Leslie said...

I really like how it turned out. The little hand is just perfect. Good job, guys. You could call it a memorial.